Souls Harbor is a transitional community for men in recovery for men who struggle with homelessness, drug addiction, and substance abuse. We offer accountability, resource referrals, workforce development and structure. We strive to protect a safe culture where men can thrive and recover. Please read below to learn more about our requirements and our program.
For Acceptance to the Program
In order to be accepted to our facility we ask that applicants:
- Complete our application.
- Pass a background check (we are unable to accept sexual or violent offenders).
- Complete an in-person interview.
- Pass a drug and alcohol screening.
- Have graduated a drug or alcohol treatment program with at least 30 days of being sober.
How The Housing Works
We have room for approximately 20 men on campus. Our dorms are fitted with bunkbeds, private lockers, shared bathrooms, and a wonderful community facility called "The Mustard Seed" where we eat and gather together in community.
The average length of stay for our men is 6-12 months. We encourage our men to stay up to a year as they heal and "reset" their lives.
There is a shared housing cost of $50/week. As you pay rent, we will collect these funds and return half of this back to graduates upon successful completion of the Souls Harbor NWA program. Our graduates often use these funds to start their new life upon completion of the program.
We require all residents at Souls Harbor to comply with the following rules:
- Clean drug/alcohol screenings regularly: A positive UA and/or breathalyze test will result in dismissal.
*If you are prescribed any medications that may test positive on our drug screens, we ask that you request alternative medication from your doctor or a doctor's note.
- Completion of at least 4 hours Sweat Equity each week. Our men perform maintenance around our grounds and facility, sell firewood, and volunteer in our community as part of this program.
- Attendance of 90 recovery meetings for the first 90 days of stay. Following 90 days, recovery meetings are reduced and residents are required to attend 3 meetings per week.
- Obtain a sponsor/mentor and meet regularly. We ask that men find someone who can be a stable voice in their lives to encourage, disciple, and hold them accountable as they recover.
- Attend mandatory Community Meetings on every Monday 5:30pm – 6pm.
- Attend Group Therapy on Monday and Thursday evenings from 6:00-8:00pm.
- Gain full-time employment or attend school with part-time employment.
- Abide by a curfew - 10:00pm during week nights and a 12am (midnight) curfew on Fridays - Saturdays.
This is only a brief description of Souls Harbor's rules and requirements. A detailed Resident Handbook is provided upon approval.
Following approval, we will run a background check. We do not accept sexual or violent offenders. Once accepted to Souls Harbor, you will hold an in-person interview with the Executive Director. In this application you will find the HARK intake form. The intake form and VI-SPADT Survey must be completed to apply to Souls Harbor NWA. The VI-SPADT must be completed face to face and can be completed by a Souls Harbor NWA staff member or through a Hark community liaison. A liaison can be obtained at www.harknwa.com
For any additional questions about applying:
You may email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can stop by our office: 1206 N. 2nd Street Rogers, AR 72756.
You can call us: 479-631-7878